- Public Speaking: Also very interactive, this hour-long program covers everything from social communication at a professional gathering and making formal presentations, to serving as a Master of Ceremonies or accepting an award. Many athletic departments have provided this seminar for coaches and athletic administrators.
- Crisis Management & the Media: This 60 minute program is intended only for coaches and administrators. It takes a pro-active approach to developing postive media relations and discusses how participants might use the media to their advantage when crises occur.
- Media strategy sessions have also been conducted with coaches and administrators as part of the AthletiSense® program. The goal of this facet of the program is to work together to better understand the nuances of each client's media market and develop strategies to improve the climate for coverage and interaction.
- AthletiSense Pro ™: This unique, dynamic and fun program for Professional Athletes focuses on developing the specific skill sets necessary to excel in a variety of TV and radio formats. It is a "how to" for appearing as a guest on a talk show, serving on a studio panel or as a color analyst and on making the switch from interviewee to interviewer. AthletiSense Pro ™ is intended for veterans who have already experienced the Communication Essentials Program and those looking ahead to transition smoothly into the broadcast side of the sports equation.
NOTE: All of the above programs can also be conducted on an individual basis.
- Individualized coaching enables us to help athletes
craft responses to the difficult questions they are likely
to face before the media pounces. The AthletiSense® program will therefore
serve to minimize the explosiveness of revelations about academic
concerns, personal or team related issues. Athletes also learn how to transition interviews to put forth a positive agenda.
- With an individualized approach, each athlete's specific combination of needs are addressed. This may entail working on such things as diction, grammar, speech patterns and demeanor or conveying intensity and interest. Content is refined to project the desired image and prevent each athlete from opening the door to invasive questioning.
- Recommended for a minimum of 15 minutes and up to two hours per athlete
if conducted as part of a day-long program
- For two or more hours if purchased separately from the
- Sessions include a critique of videotaped interviews
with each athlete both prior to and following every tutorial
- Interview coaching with or without video can also be provided in a group setting with 2-5 athletes responding to questions for a minimum period of 30 minutes. This fast-paced, dynamic exercise has proven to be very effective.
If you are an
aspiring sportscaster or would like to refine your skills,
we also offer individual coaching sessions on the
technical aspects of play-by-play announcing and color
commentating. These include:
on how to tailor the program to meet your specific needs
- Preparation for game day
- Interviewing coaches/athletes
- Nuances of broadcasting radio and TV events
- Mock broadcasts with Dave
- Critiques of taped performances